Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Gratitude

I can feel his heart beat under my hand as he sleeps. 
I listen to him breath, and sometimes snore.
It doesn't bother me at all, I just smile.
I love that he lets me put my cold feet on his legs when we sleep. 
I love that he always, ALWAYS kisses me good morning and goodnight.
He is always the first to say "thank you" for all the small things that would otherwise go unnoticed.
Even if I burn dinner, he will gobble it up and ask for more.

This man.

More seriously, he forgives me.
And forgives. And forgives. And forgives.
I can be irrational, moody, and scared
but he knows just what to say...
Usually that I'm right. 
We both know that its not (always) true, but it still feels good to hear it.
I don't have to be on the defense.

I don't know what I was so scared of.
Maybe not being his first priority.
How stupid can I be?
I should've known never to doubt him.
His love for me, and for us, is obvious.

Us. Family.

There is nothing more important than family.
I can't believe that I have been so blessed with my sweet boy.
He teaches me every day.
He is so innately calm, and kind. 
I love how he watches me.
It reminds me of the great responsibility of being a mother. A constant teacher.
He is my everything.

And then there is baby. Already, I can feel your presence.
I saw you move and dance around today.
The miracle of life never ceases to amaze me.
Your big brother loves you so much.
We all love you so much.

I am grateful.









No comments:

Post a Comment