Friday, January 24, 2014

Reflection

On the cusp of this new year, I pause to reflect on the last.
This was probably the most monumental and definitive year of my life.
There were many changes that were easily noticed:
He graduated from school
We officially became an Air Force family
Packing up and moving from everything we've ever known
Adding new life to our family....

These things alone could change someone-
-but it was the unseen things that changed me the most.
Packing away boxes of things I love, realizing that things may never be the same.
I acted like a grown up.
I convince myself it was all part of being an adult.
And then, I cried.
I explored my boundaries. 
I tried things I had never tried before.
I allowed myself to make mistakes and to be someone else for a while.
Most of all, I made a conscious decision that changed my life for forever. 
I was standing dangerously close to an edge.
I made myself think I was tethered safely to something,
but I was just fooling myself.
I remember the one definitive moment when I made the decision. 
And that was the moment I felt in control.

The best part is, I don't regret any of it. 










No comments:

Post a Comment